ISO 22000 standard sets out the requirements for a food safety management system and can be certified to it. It maps out what an organization needs to do to demonstrate its ability to control food safety hazards in order to ensure that food is safe. ISO 22000 Certification in Malaysia promotes sustainable life and good health by ensuring prevention of food borne illness and diseases by following food safety protocols in preparation, handling and storage of food. It can be applicable to any organization in Malaysia regardless of its size or position in the food chain like feed producers, primary producers through food manufacturers, transport operators, storage operators and subcontractors to retail and food outlets.
Unsafe food practices can have catastrophic repercussions. The ISO's food safety management standards support other ISO management standards like ISO 9001 by assisting firms in identifying and controlling food safety risks. The universally applicable ISO 22000 standard adds a layer of assurance to the global food supply chain, facilitating the cross-border movement of goods and ensures consumer trust.
Malaysia’s food, beverage, and grocery sectors account for over one-third of the country's total manufacturing sector. The industry is highly dynamic and is driven by consumers seeking diversity, quality and value. Any organization can reap the benefits of ISO 22000 Certification in Malaysia by ensuring that it has successfully embedded internationally recognised food safety management standards, and has strengthened its risk management controls across the food supply chain. It also improves the confidence of customers, suppliers and other stakeholders.
TopCertifier is a global consulting firm providing business advisory, training, process consultation, and certification services in Malaysia. With operations in 30+ countries and the successful completion of 4500+ projects across different standards, we are a one-stop solution provider for all your certification needs. TopCertifier offers ISO 22000 Certification Consulting Services in Malaysia across all major locations like Kuala Lumpur, George Town, Malacca, Kuching, etc. Our ISO 22000 Certification services in Malaysia include Gap Analysis, Documentation, Training, Organize Internal audits, and External audits. We understand the local business culture/ necessities in Malaysia and focus on practices that could increase your bottom line rather than just sticking to standard guidelines and supporting organizations to achieve certification simpler, faster, and affordably. Therefore, TopCertifier is recognized as one of the best ISO 22000 Certification Consultants in Malaysia.
Food safety management system (FSMS) is a set of written procedures which define the range of actions taken by the food business operator to ensure that the food produce is safe to eat, of the required quality, and legally compliant.
ISO 22000 standard sets out the requirements for a food safety management system and can be certified to it. It maps out what an organization needs to do to demonstrate its ability to control food safety hazards in order to ensure that food is safe. ISO 22000 Certification in Malaysia promotes sustainable life and good health by ensuring prevention of food borne illness and diseases by following food safety protocols in preparation, handling and storage of food.
● Minimise food safety risks leading to better health and safety outcomes
● Improved Customer Satisfaction
● Meet Regulatory Requirements
● Enhanced Brand Reputation
● Reduced investigation time
● Efficient response to risks
● Global recognition
Consumption of food is an essential part of our day-to-day life, the food industry is always in high demand and under serious scrutiny. Therefore, it is crucial for anyone involved in the food industry to manage their food safety and minimize hazards. Common hazards the food industry needs to consider are Microbiological hazards, Chemical hazards, Physical hazards, Allergens & cross-contamination . Ensuring the quality and safety of your food product is the reason why ISO 22000 standard is important. Most food we eat today goes through multiple journeys before reaching our plate. Therefore, it is crucial to take extra precautions when manufacturing, transporting and distributing food.
● Relationship management
● Customer focus
● Employee engagement
● Process approach
● Improvement, and
● Evidence-based decision-making.
ISO 22000 implementation in Malaysia for any organization depends on the focus, knowledge, expertise, and resources available. It also depends on various factors like the complexity of the business, the number of employees, working shifts, etc.
The cost of getting ISO 22000 Certified in Malaysia depends on various factors like audit duration, organization size, the scope of risk, the current level of compliance, and more. To get an accurate quotation, contact TopCertifier.
● Conduct Gap Analysis
● Prepare Documentation
● Get Awareness Training
● Implement Policies and Procedures
● Conduct Internal Audit
● Identify Non-conformities
● Conduct Management Review Meeting
● Take Corrective Actions
● External Audit
● Get Certified Succesfully
There are two ways in achieving ISO 22000 Certification in Malaysia :-
1) To achieve ISO 22000 certification in Malaysia, an organisation must first develop and implement a food safety management system that meets all of the Standard's requirements. Once the FSMS is in place, the organisation can apply for certification with an accredited certification body. The certification body will audit the FSMS to confirm that it meets the standards of ISO 22000. If the FSMS is found to be compliant, the certification body will issue an ISO 22000 certificate.
2) Adopting a hassle-free approach to developing any organization's food safety management framework, TopCertifier will look at an organization's operation and provide a benchmark that will guide the building of new food safety controls. Our ISO 22000 consultants will also review your collection of policies, procedures, and processes before building bespoke policies that fit your organization's requirements. We understand the local business culture/ necessities in Malaysia and focus on practices that could increase your bottom line rather than just sticking to standard guidelines and supporting organizations to achieve certification simpler, faster, and affordably.
Developing a management system based on ISO 22000 can be tough, but choosing the right certification body is tougher. A number of criterias come into the picture while choosing a CB like its reputation, accreditation, specialization, experience, flexibility and language spoken. TopCertifier with its experienced consultants & auditors help an organization right from its initial contact by explaining which certification would suit an organization better, select a respectable certification body based on all the above mentioned criterias, develop a management system, conduct trainings and ensure simpler certification process for its clients with proper documentation and end-to-end support. Hence, TopCertifier is the one-stop solution for all your certification needs.